Church of St. Mary on Vurberk

Until 1785, when Vurberk became a parish, the church served for religious purposes of the counts and all who were connected with the castle. The first church is mentioned already in 1336, and the second, dedicated to St. Nicholas, the patron saint of rafters, in 1510. During the turbulent times of Turkish invasions and Protestantism, this church witnessed numerous brutal interventions, including the demolition of Mary's statue from the 15th century. What the Turks did not destroy was destroyed by the Protestants, yet nevertheless, the church remained until the 18th century.