Mary's church on Smolnik

The church was built between 1859 and 1861. There is the altar architecture painted in the presbytery, with St. Anthony of Padua and St. Luke depicted next to two pillar, and with the oil painting of the Immaculate in the centre of the painted pedestal. The pulpit also shows the traditions of the Baroque; its entrance to the staircase is decorated with Mary's monogram. There are two statues more to be mentioned - St. John the Evangelist and St. Jacob, which are probably the product of folk carvings of the early 19th century. In 1861 the church was consecrated by Bishop Anton Martin Slomšek.