Parish Church of St. Margaret the Virgin in Muta

The upper Muta developed around a funnel like marketplace, the main building of which was the Gothic parish church of St. Margaret the Virgin, first mentioned as a chapel in 1349, and as a parish church in the years 1460-65. The main nave of the former church is preserved, to which a side nave, a presbytery with sacristy and oratory were added in 1689, while the belfry was raised and covered with an onion roof. The baroque equipment is from the 17th century, and there are several tombstones built imbedded in the outer facade of the church, the oldest of which dates back to 1595.