Miklavž na Dravskem polju
Miklavž na Dravskem polju lies fully on the Drava Field, which is a transitional area between the sub-Pannonic and sub-Alpine north-eastern Slovenia. The Drava Field borders on Pohorje in the west, on the Drava Valley in the north-west, on Slovenian Hills in the north and east, and slowly transitions to the Ptuj Field in the south.
Roman burial mounds
The burial mound from the Roman era (about 100 AD) in Miklavž is the easternmost of the six in the Maribor area. The Romans put glass or clay urns with the ashes of the deceased, and the offerings for the journey in a tomb, which was placed on the surface. In the burial mounds (backfilled tombs) near Miklavž they buried people of different classes. In 2002, the excavations continued, and the Roman burial mound next to the road on the outskirts of Miklavž was reconstructed and restored into a cultural-historical monument, which is on display to visitors.
Church of St. Nicholas
Today's image with the bell-tower of the late Gothic construction from the beginning of the 16th century originated in 1662, which was also the year when the church got its first bronze bell. The first side altar with the painting of St. Florian depicting Pristan of Maribor dates back to 1740 and the second one to the third quarter of the 18th century. The Stations of the Cross from the 17th century were given to the subsidiary in Miklavž in 1910 by the church of Hoče. In the outer church wall, several Roman stones are embedded. On the southern wall of the church bell tower there is a large fresco of St. Christopher, the intercessor of sudden death.
The court with a medieval location tradition, first mentioned in 1453, resides in a building from the first quarter of the 19th century. However, it appears to be from the neo-Renaissance time from the end of the 19th century. The ground floor spaces are covered by cross vaults. Today, the building is rebuilt to serve as a residential building; however, it does not hide its feudal origin.
Church of St. Mary in Dobrovce
The church was built between 1924 and 1934, and is dedicated to St. Mary, the queen of peace. The interior of the church is covered with a trapezoid ceiling, while the main preciousness of the church is a neo-Renaissance altar with a baroque statue of Mary with Child from the first half of the 18th century.
Not far from the bridge, over the channel behind the power plant in Zlatoličje, there is a spring, known as the brook of Miklavž that flows through the swampy landscape and connects three ponds. The first is overgrown with reeds; the second has a lot of different vegetation; and the third, which is the largest, is rich in fish. The area of ponds houses dwarf pigeons, occasional swans. The special attraction are storks, which nest on an electric rod in front of the church.
The so-called Drava meadow from the Drava terrace under the old Miklavž to Drava is the area of one of the richest ecosystems and the most beautiful and most lively habitats in Slovenia. A part of this area along the Drava River with its flora and fauna is part of the Drava Landscape Park. Among other things, this is also a true paradise for ornithologists. In the fields there are hedges with hawthorn, black leeches, dogwood, hazelnuts, and robinia, which offer dwellings to birds, insects, and other animals. In the forests in the area of the municipality the black pine strongly dominates, and one can also find spruce, oak, beech, hornbeam, and other tree species.